Notice: Undefined index: mandala_cook in /home/mandalab/public_html/mCook.php on line 2
Notice: Undefined index: mandala_cook in /home/mandalab/public_html/main_details.php on line 7 A Handbook of Medicinal Plants of Nepal: Supplement I - Takashi Watanable, Keshab Raj Bhandari, Kuber Jung Malla, Hari Prasad Devkota, Shoji Yahara - Mandala Book Point, Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal
A Handbook of Medicinal Plants of Nepal: Supplement I Author:Takashi Watanable, Keshab Raj Bhandari, Kuber Jung Malla, Hari Prasad Devkota, Shoji Yahara
Category:Plants, Medicinal Plants Popularity:
* 150 species described, plus 544 species listed for further information
* Covering over 23.1 % of 690 medicinal plants out of 7000 higher plants
* Fully illustrated with our 457 photos, 6 drawings within cover page and illustrations both front and back
* Identification key for all major families and genera on the manner of taxonomic system of Engler
* Computer graphic distribution map of each medicinal plant from specimens data of the KATH Herbarium and authors collection using the system of GeoStudio-Kitasato in collaboration with Nijix Design Institute in Ver 1.62 copying Takashi Watababe
* Names in Nepali, English, Sanskrit, Amchi, trade with description, flowering, parts used, uses and chemical constituents
* Synonyms and cross-reference by SciFinder System for Chemical Structures
Nepal, the Himalayan Kingdom is rich in medicinal plant resources. Himalaya medicinal plants are very popular since the Vedic period. Details on all of these plants are still to be known. Although the plant morphology, distribution and medical uses are known but chemical aspects of these plants is still behind. An attempt has been done to include information on chemical aspects in this book.
This book A Hand Book of Medicinal Plants of Nepal includes 108 important medicinal plants occurring in Nepal. The enumeration of the plants is arranged alphabetically according to the scientific names. Every effort has been made to enlist all the reputable medicinal plants of Nepal with their local names. Illustration, description, uses and distribution map of each species are provided and an attempt has been made to include the chemical constituents of the Nepalese medicinal plants derived from secondary sources, references of which are also provided. An appendix of 500 medicinal plant species with local names is included and glossary of medical terms is provided. This book may be able to provide a lucid discourse on the subject to the person seeking a brief information on the topics.
Publication: 2013 Number of Pages: 351+ ISBN: 9784990657208